Friday, July 27, 2012

Pregnancy and Swimwear

from David & Kelly Sopp's Safe Baby Pregnancy Tips
Good morning, M. Hazel.

I'm headed to San Diego this weekend for a staff retreat. Although I'd joked that I would be rocking a string bikini on the beach, I'm sticking with a "skirted" bikini. It fits . . . okay. I'm always challenged to find swimsuits that fit small on top and can handle a, ummm, generous amount of booty below, and forget about one-piece suits. Even in non-pregnant status, I've yet to try one one that doesn't make me feel like a pear stuffed into pantyhose. This particular maternity swimsuit doesn't like to stay up the way it should in the back, if you know what I mean. Plumber central. Cleavage best left hidden. I would apologize if people end up seeing entirely too much of me, but as we enter 32 weeks, I'm more concerned about just enjoying the ocean breeze without nausea, Braxton Hicks, or back pain--you, me, and big booty.

No comments:

Post a Comment