Monday, August 6, 2012

Magic Monday

Good morning, my beautiful MH.

School is starting today.  Actually, it started last week (hence, the sudden drop in posting action), but my students arrive this morning.

I'll need a little bit of magic to get through today. I am a woman who always is prepared, always organized (in my own way) . . . but today is different. I usually have anxiety dreams about being completely unprepared at this time of year. There's the one where I lose complete control of my classroom and end up screaming at students at the top of lungs. There's another that must spring from my brief theater days, where I have to perform in a play but have not been given the script. This time, I'll be awake! I think that despite my chaos, though, it'll be a good day, mostly because it was an amazing weekend (more on that later). Love is the most powerful magic there is. 


From one of my favorite (and most magical) book series of all time :




"If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign ... to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever." Dumbledore to Harry, The Philosopher's Stone






No comments:

Post a Comment